The Aspen Institute College Excellence Program has named 16 Texas institutions among the nation’s top 150 community colleges. These schools are now eligible to compete for the 2017 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and $1 million in prize funds, as well as Siemens Technical Scholars Program student scholarships.
The prize, awarded every two years, is "the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance among America’s community colleges and recognizes institutions for exceptional student outcomes in four areas: student learning, certificate and degree completion, employment and earnings, and high levels of access and success for minority and low-income students," according to the Aspen Institute.
You can consult the link above for more information about the program.
Here are the Texas community colleges in consideration:
- Brazosport College Lake Jackson, TX
- Cedar Valley College Lancaster, TX
- Del Mar College Corpus Christi, TX
- El Paso Community College El Paso, TX
- Kilgore College Kilgore, TX
- Lamar State College-Port Arthur Port Arthur, TX
- Lee College Baytown, TX
- North Lake College Irving, TX
- Odessa College Odessa, TX
- San Jacinto College Pasadena, TX
- South Texas College McAllen, TX
- Trinity Valley Community College Athens, TX
- Tyler Junior College Tyler, TX
- Vernon College Vernon, TX
- Western Texas College Snyder, TX
- Wharton County Junior College Wharton, TX